The Thirty Years War : the Holy Roman Empire and Europe, 1618-48 /
Historians have tried time and again to identify the central issues of the conflict which devastated Europe between 1618 and 1648. The Thirty Years War by Ronald G. Asch puts the religious and constitutional struggle in the Holy Roman Empire squarely back into the centre of events. However, other is...
New York :
St. Martin's Press,
Table of Contents:
- The origins of the Conflict
- 1618: Bohemia and the Empire
- 1629: Counter-Reformation and Habsburg Supremacy
- 1635: An Abortive Peace
- 1648: A New Order for Europe?
- State Finance and the Structure of Warfare
- Epilogue: Germany after.