Toward a living architecture? : complexism and biology in generative design /
Toward a Living Architecture? examines the emerging field of generative architecture and its nexus with computation, biology, and complexity. Based on Christina Cogdell's field research in architecture studios and biological labs, this book critiques generative architecture by evaluating its sc...
University of Minnesota Press,
Table of Contents:
- Self-organizing and emergent architecture
- Material computation
- Morphogenesis and evolutionary computation
- Context matters : LabStudio and biosynthesis
- Growing living buildings : tissue and genetic engineering in architecture and design
- 'Protocell' architecture and SynBioDesign.