American missionaries in China : papers from Harvard seminars /
East Asian Research Center, Harvard University, distributed by Harvard University Press,
|Series:||Harvard East Asian monographs ;
Table of Contents:
- Introduction / by Kwang-Ching Liu.
- pt. 1. The missionary and his contribution to China. Science and salvation in China: the life and work of W.A.P. Martin (1827-1916) / by Peter Duus ; Devello Z. Sheffield and the founding of the North China College / by Roberto Paterno ; Protestant missions in China, 1877-1890: the institutionalization of good works / by Irwin T. Hyatt, Jr.
- pt. 2. The missionary and Chinese nationalism. Sino-American cooperation in medicine: the origins of Hsiang-Ya (1902-1914) / by William Reeves, Jr. ; Lingnan's response to Chinese nationalism: the Shakee incident (1925) / by Edward John Michael Rhoads.
- pt. 3. The missionary and China's rural problems. The Protestant rural movement in China (1920-1937) / by William A. Brown ; A missionary view of the Chinese Communists (1936-1939) / by Fox Butterfield.
- Appendix: Articles on missionary subjects published in Papers on China (1950-1965).