Confronting school bullying : kids, culture, and the making of a social problem /
"Is bullying an innocent part of growing up ... or a serious problem requiring large-scale policy remedies? What is behind our rapidly changing perceptions of "acceptable" behavior? And when is the remedy worse than the problem? In their in-depth view of school bullying, Jeffrey Cohen...
Boulder Colorado :
Lynne Rienner Publishers, Inc.,
|Series:||Social problems, social constructions.
Table of Contents:
- Bullying and the shifting construction of a social problem
- Bullying as an individual pathology
- From personal pathology to collective crisis
- From collective crisis to collective failure
- Gender and social control
- Constructing the gay victim
- The anti-bullying industry
- Finding comfort in complexity
- Appendix: Methodology.