Permanent alliance? : NATO and the transatlantic bargain from Truman to Obama /
Permanent Alliance? NATO and Transatlantic Bargain from Truman to Obama examines how US-European relations are evolving in response to many global trends that are changing the strategic environment for that relationship.
New York :
Table of Contents:
- pt. I: Cold War Alliance
- The Bargain as a Framework for Analysis
- Genesis of the Bargain
- The Transatlantic Bargain Revised
- The Bargain through the Cold War, 1954-1989
- The United States and Europe at the End of the Cold War: Some Fundamental Factors
- pt. II: Post-Cold War Alliance
- NATO Outreach and Enlargement: The Legacy of Harmel
- NATO and Russia: Partnership or New Cold War?
- NATO's Post-Cold War Military Missions in Theory and Practice
- NATO in Afghanistan
- European Security and Defense Policy and the Transatlantic Bargain
- Implications of the Bush, 9/11, and Iraq Shocks for the Transatlantic Bargain
- pt. III: Permanent Alliance?
- Is NATO Necessary but Not Sufficient?
- Permanent Alliance?