Volunteering in community sports associations : a literature review /
This review paper focuses on volunteers in community sports associations (CSAs). Such associations are a major context of sports volunteering across Europe, Canada and Australia?the countries in which a multitude of sports clubs are represented by governing bodies of sport. Their importance is not o...
|Series:||Brill research perspectives.
Table of Contents:
- The number of sports clubs, club membership, and volunteering
- Explaining a trend toward individual participation in sport and volunteering, and a reduction in the number of CSAS
- Conceptualizing community sports associations and volunteering
- Motivations of sports volunteers
- Challenges facing community sports clubs' volunteers and leaders
- Management and leadership of volunteers in CSAS: applying a rational systems approach and the pros and cons of formality
- Community sports associations and social capital
- The relationship between CSAS and even volunteering