Making all Black lives matter : reimagining freedom in the twenty-first century /
"In the wake of the murder of unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin in 2012 and the exoneration of his killer, three black women activists launched a hashtag and social-media platform, Black Lives Matter, which would become the rubric for a larger movement. To many, especially those in the media, Bla...
Oakland, California :
University of California Press,
|Series:||American studies now ;
Table of Contents:
- Roots and recalibrated expectations : prologue to a movement
- Justice for Trayvon : the spark
- The Ferguson uprising and its reverberations
- Black rage and Blacks in power : Baltimore and electoral politics
- Themes, dilemmas, and challenges
- Backlash and a price
- A view from the local : Chicago's fighting spirit
- Political quilters and maroon spaces
- Epilogue : a personal reflection.