Art, ideology & economics in Nazi Germany : the Reich chambers of Music, Theater, and the Visual Arts /
From 1933 to 1945, the Reich Chamber of Culture exercised a profound influence over hundreds of thousands of German artists and entertainers. Subdivided into separate chambers for music, theater, the visual arts, literature, film, radio, and the press, this organization encompassed several hundred t...
Chapel Hill :
University of North Carolina Press,
Table of Contents:
- Art and culture in the Weimar Republic: the economic, institutional, and political context
- Nazi coordination of the arts and the creation of the Reich Chamber of Culture, 1933
- Evolution of the Chamber System
- The varieties of patronage, 1933-1939
- Germanizing the arts
- Mobilizing artists for war.