Black Lives Matter & music : protest, intervention, reflection /
Music has always been integral to the Black Lives Matter movement in the United States, with songs such as Kendrick Lamar's "Alright," J. Cole's "Be Free," D'Angelo and the Vanguard's "The Charade," The Game's "Don't Shoot," Janel...
|Other Authors:||, ,|
Bloomington, Indiana :
Indiana University Press,
|Series:||Activist encounters in folklore and ethnomusicology.
Table of Contents:
- Black mizzou: music and stories one year later / Stephanie Shonekan
- Black matters: black folk studies and black campus life / Fernando Orejuela
- Black folklife matters: slabs and the social importance of contemporary African American folklife / Langston Collin Wilkins
- Black music matters: affirmation and resilience in African American musical spaces in Washington, DC / Alison Martin
- Black Detroit: sonic distortion fuels social distortion / Denise Dalphond
- Conclusion: race, place, and pedagogy in the black lives matter era / Stephanie Shonekan.